27 June 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Last week I made egg rolls and fried rice for the first time.  They tasted OK, but were lacking in flavor.  While I don't normally experiment in the kitchen (I tend to follow recipes to the letter), I may tweak my recipes in the future.  I'll post any success if I do :)

That being said, my first kitchen experiment is going to be to invent (or reinvent) some sort of fruit egg roll as a dessert.  I don't want our extra egg roll wrappers to go bad.  But enough of my rambling; here is our dinner menu for the week:

Monday: Pasta and Salad (spinach, blue cheese, balsamic vinagrette)
Tuesday: Spinach Quesadillas and Refried Beans
Wednesday: Hamburgers with Blue Cheese and Spinach
Thursday: Almond Chicken, Broccoli, Mac & Cheese

You'll notice that spinach is the predominant vegetable on our menu.  That's because we didn't manage to make it to any farmer's market last week and our next chance isn't until Wednesday.  So, we're trying to minimize our grocery list (and avoid spoilage) by only buying a box of (sort of) fresh baby spinach and some frozen broccoli.

Check out the rest of Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing JunkieWhat is your family eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yum. Almond chicken. How do you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband makes almond chicken by cubing chicken breasts and sauteing (I think that's the correct cooking term!) them with almond slices. Sometimes he adds some sesame oil. It's really yummy!

    ReplyDelete