The last time we took a trip, it was only over a weekend and we decided to switch to disposables since it was our first time away from home with Adelaide. This time, I was determined to use my cloth diapers, especially since I knew the beach house had a washer and drier.
My diaper packing list:
- BumGenius and Fuzzibunz pocket diapers
- Thirsties Fab wipes and wipes spray
- Rockin' Green detergent
- Fold-up hanger for drying shells
- Reusable pee pads
- Blueberry pail liner
- We need a different pail liner/wet bag for traveling. The Blueberry pail liners we brought only have drawstring closures and didn't do a good job of containing the diaper stink problems we are having. We'll be looking for one with a zippered closure and loop to hang on a doorknob.
- I need to figure out if there's a way to avoid bringing dirty diapers with us. I'm not sure that's possible unless we use disposables the day before we leave, which I don't want to do.
- Be prepared for different washing conditions than we're used to at home. The house we stayed in had extremely hard water, which meant that it took nearly all day to wash a load of diapers.