02 May 2010

I'm Back!

I'm sorry for seemingly falling off the face of the earth.  I was struggling through my last week of classes and then final exams, but on Wednesday, I turned in my last final ever!  I even did a little happy dance after I pressed the send button.  I've now completed all of the classes for my Ph.D. degree, so it's just research and seminars from here on out.  My goal is to graduate by the end of 2011.  That's ambitious, but I'm hoping I can do it.  I'm ready to live a real life!

I'm already really enjoying all the "extra" time I have.  I diligently went to the gym on Thursday and Saturday, and hope to be able to continue going to the gym three times a week and doing yoga, pilates, or another workout video at home at least twice a week.  I feel like I've finally managed to catch up and climb back onto the healthy lifestyle bandwagon!

I've also been reading a lot of new blogs lately regarding real food and gluten-free diets.  I plan on taking baby steps to encorporate some of the ideas I've read about into my life, even though I want to jump in head-first and do it all at once!  I know that I will crash and burn and feel like a failure if I do that though, so I'm going to try and restrain myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment