01 February 2011

Cleaning Schedule

After all the recent changes in our lives, the cleaning schedule has gone out the window (not that I really kept up with it in the first place).  Time to reclaim it!  In the past, I've made pretty spreadsheets and charts and fantasized about having a Martha Stewart home.  And you know what?  It never worked.  Why?  Because I was trying to establish way too many habits all at once and I wound up overwhelmed.  So this time, I'm going to focus on adding one or two chores to my list at a time.  What am I focusing on first?
  1. Make the bed every day
  2. Do a load of laundry every day
Sounds simple, right?  I hope so, because that was the point.  If other chores get done in addition to these, that's great, but my goal is to do these two things every day for two weeks.  By then, they should be a habit.  The other key is to not beat myself up if one (or both) of these don't happen sometimes.  No one is perfect, not even me (though my brain thinks otherwise).  Life happens and you move on.  Tomorrow is a new day.

What are your every day chores?

1 comment:

  1. Baby steps mama! You'll get there.

    Have you ever checked out my week long cleaning layout? Really helps me!

    ReplyDelete